AmigaActive (1469/2143)

From:David Stroud
Date:22 May 2000 at 10:01:43
Subject:Re: PICT files

> > Looking at the file, it is made with "LivePicture" or "Shasta",
> > neither of which I know of, but assume produce proprietary
> > formats. Possibly from a digital camera?
>
> Digital cameras generally use a JPEG format, usually EXIF. "LivePicture"
> sounds more like a video grab.

Or it could have been produced by "Live Picture", a graphics package which
uses its own proprietary file format and allows you to, for example, render
effects on a low res image before automatically applying them to a high-res
file. (No, it's not an Amiga program).

Regards,
David.

Desk Editor, Amiga Active magazine - http://www.amigactive.com

GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE! GET THE OFFICIAL COMPANION
TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE BOOKS FOR
$2. Click for details.